Syncing up multiple SX-1's

Wolf is right, that I never mentioned setting up a word clock cable. I have never had any issues just using a TRS from time code out on master to in on slave. Everything else is as Merlin describes it. The Sx clock works perfectly with the other Sx.

And yes like Kozman said, there should be a few frames out on the slave and a moment of lag before they sync up. But it doesn't matter as you don't start recording something at zero anyway. And you'll notice when playing that it takes a sec for the slave's audio to come up. thats because its syncing up first. It's just the way slave and masters work.

I'm late to the party on this thread, but I'm buying a second SX-1 to sync with the first. My question is, will the 16 slave machine tracks mix down along with the 16 master machine tracks - to a stereo mix on the master? I'm a newbie to digital interfacing, so sorry for such a basic question ...

Yes it will.
The output of your slave SX will come into your master SX as a stereo input source- either by spdif or adat via the optical out on the slave.
All gets bussed to the two mix when you are in moxdoewn mode

Thanks Kozman. I figured it would have to mix down to stereo through optical, just didn't know if it would do it automatically.

New threads

Members online