Tascam DR-1, line in too loud

jackygage

Gear owned
DR-1
I'm not a professional but for the past 3 years I've had great luck using my Tascam DR-1 when recording using the built in microphones and using the line-in setting to record directly from a source to the recorder. However this week I connected the DR-1 to a mixer using line in and the result was (way) too loud and caused constant distortion. (As a quick fix I reconnected using the mic 1 input and set the recording level very low [to 3] but unfortunately this didn't work either and I still got distortion.)

My question is: Is there a setting on the DR-1 that lowers the volume of line in? On my very old Sony D6C there was a setting to reduce the volume for loud concerts, a switch to 20dB from 0dB.

Thank you to anyone who can help!
Sincerely,
Rick

When recording on my DR-03 from my Mackie CFX-12 mixer, I need to use an attenuator. Something around 15dbu should work. I made an adjustable and a 20dbu fixed for my gear.

Thanks so much. Obviously I'm a novice, I've never heard of an attenuator. I'm sure I can get one at B&H. I'm glad to know there wasn't some setting on the DR-1 that I missed. Many thanks!!!

New threads

Staff online

Members online