Tascam dr60d-mkii volume issues

sendcake films

Gear owned
TASCAM DR60D-MKII
Looking for some advice on a volume issue i seem to have.

I am a tottal newbie when it comes to sound recording. I decided to try and learn so invested in a Rode mic and the TASCAM DR60D-MKII.

The first time I used it, filming with a digital camera, it was a disaster. Everything was too quiet.

I tried again yesterday and this is what happened.

I had the Rode plugged into the 1/l. I had initially the input volume on that set really high but tested & it turned it down so the peak light didn't flash when i spoke into the mic above my head.
The camera mic port was connected into the camera out of the DR60 with set at about volume 8
I had headphones plugged into the headphone socket of the dr60

I did a couple of test takes and when i listened back to the sound on the camera it was really loud which was great - so i turned it down a little.
I then pressed play on the Dr60D and the sound recording sounded just perfect on the headphone (volume about 6).

I did a few more takes playing with levels and and the slate tone and they all sound great on the headset when played from the Dr60D

I then packed everything away and loaded the sound onto my Mac.

On the Mac the recording was soo quiet it was unusable, unless i put it into an editing program and increased the loudenss of the track.

I am so lost! I thought if I could hear from the Dr60d on playback using the headphones and it sounded OK then it should have recorded OK... but obviously not. I must have done something stupid in setting somewhere... but where? oh...The mic had a battery in it so I was not using phantom mode.

Any thoughts on what I should check, or basic setting I could go through to rule out the issue would be really gratefully appreciated.

Thanks for reading through all this and do look forward to hearing from anyone with any thoughts.

Thanks

Andy

I have the same problem. Did you solve it?

I have the same problem, too. New TASCAM DR-60, the recording level on the display is OK, the re-play in the headphone is OK, but when I load the recorded file onto the PC to the Adobe Premier Pro, I see that the sound-level of the file is extremly low. Any solution?

Last edited:
I have the same issue and the only way to resolve is to lift by 20db in auditions, are we all doing something wrong here?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.