Tascam M-06 headphone pot replacement

mozart420

Hi there, absolute newbie to everything discussed here so bear with me. Just picked up an old dirty M-06 for to improve my repair skills - after a few good cleanings everything seems to work great, except that the headphone pot is still pretty crackly. It also gets a solid hum when it's set too low, not sure what that's about as the grounding seemed to be in good condition otherwise. Figure the best thing would be to just replace the pot, but the M-06 manual I've found doesn't have a parts list. Any pointers?

I would simply look at the pot as it usually has marking on it. If the service manual does not list it it should be listed in the service manual schematics. many scanned manuals as in free are so bad or missing pages. I get my manuals from Stereomanuals.com when needed.
In the replacement, I would put a plastic conductor or Cermet type pot. The old carbon pots are not all that great a product- they were simply cheap. Plastic conductor pots are the real thing and will not dirty get crackly under normal use. You may not be able to get log taper but a Linear pot will work just as well. The good stuff uses Plastic conductor potentiometers.

New threads

Members online