Tascam model 12, Faders not working

Greg Eramo

Gear owned
Tascam 12
Hi Folks
In need of help.. just bought this unit and I can't get the channel faders or the main fader to work. I have main selected, I can record... but I have no control over the channels... the PAN doesn't work... nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You have something plugged into a channel, right? And that channel’s input switch is set to live? AFL button isn’t pressed in?

Since you have Model 12... are you in "Daw Control Mode"???
If so... get out of it and try using it as an ordinary USB audio unit!

If you are in "Daw Control Mode" the only channels you can use to hear anything from the DAW is channels 1-2. I have Model 24 myself... which is more "analogue" than Model 12 that is more "digital" in it's inner workings... so I am DEFINITELY NO expert on Model 12... to say the least. But as far as I know so far the "Daw-Control Mode" CAN interfere with audio in some strange ways!

Last edited:
under “mixer” in settings I found an option to trigger the faders. I’m using it completely standalone... not connected to anything. Seems to work fine now

Yeah, had it set to live. I think the factory default may be to have it prepped for connecting to a computer.

Hi Greg, what setting did you change specifically? I’ve been having the same problem and looked under mixer but don’t seem to see what you’d be referring to.

Reactions: unpaginated
Yes, I've been wondering about this too. I do not see this setting. What did you change?. I'm having the same problem.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.