Tascam Pocketstudio 5

PhiloChim

Gear owned
Tascam Pocketstudio 5
Hello everyone,

Before I give up, I thought I'd give this forum a try and cry for help. I've got the, now old and almost antiquated, Tascam Pocketstudio 5. I've had it almost 20 years, but stopped using it long ago. Partly due to the fact that no matter how I reinstalled the software, clean it up, formatted it and all that you were supposed to do, it kept failing on me. The two main issues were 1) during playback of a song with multiple tracks, one or several track/channels would "die"/go silent 2) during playback of a song, at some certain point - would vary - the song would just "break down" into horrible high pitch noise of a very digital-collapse-kinda - just horrific and unhealthy for your ears.

I am trying to go back in all the back up files I stored on my external HD and listen to old stuff, wanting to mix down and transfer some of it, but the above mentioned 2 issues makes it impossible. Can anyone help me out, perhaps just to tell me that there's nothing I can do about it, and just have to accept it and move on.

I tried a new memory card as well, but to no avail. Like I said, I truly believe I've done all that can be done, and that's recommended, but was just hoping someone out there (here) perhaps knew of some magic trick...

Thank you

New threads

Members online

No members online now.