TC Companion

John Flynn said:
The blue line starts to run across and about halfway through i get the error message (Back up file not found)
Wait a minute. Is it not a read back error? Meaning the backup actually worked but verification failed? Maybe the .tpi files are there on the computer...

thanks Arjan P

Another possibility

I am in studio all day today and am going to try any suggested ideas here. To try out yours i will set up a new folder and attempt to back up to it. That way i can check if the tpi file is there although i am getting the error. If that is the case i will simply change the setting in preferences so i dont constantly have to see this showing up as an error....

Thanks for this

John

OK THE GOOD NEWS PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to help me get over this problem. Hopefully i too will be there to provide a similar service for others with difficulties. I took out the CF card from the Tascam and tried another CF card i had made as a backup. When using TC companion with this other CF card the back ups performed perfectly. I then put the old CF card in and the same problem happened. I took the back up i had made from the new card that worked and sent it back to the card that didn't. Both cards now work perfectly and the TM Companion is working as it should......

Glad you got this sorted out. From what you describe, it seems the data (or headers) on your first CF card was corrupted. By overwriting the card with the backup card's data, the bad files were fixed.

Or - perhaps, the process of removing, inserting and re-seating the card was the solution. Maybe the original card is somehow physically challenged - deformed, damaged, and if it's not seated a certain way it doesn't function properly. :?:

CaptDan

Good to hear you got it sorted!

Thanks.
I originally saved my settings to the CF card on the desk and then backed this card up to my host computer. I connected a CF card writer (containing a second CF card)and saved the computer file from the 1st CF card to the reader, I think this is how the corruption occurred. I think the 2nd card ended up in the DM. I would have been wiser to save my desk settings to CF card and then back up to host computer. I should have then removed the original CF card and fitted the 2nd card to the desk. Then i could have used the computer to send the file back to the back up CF card using TM companion. This is what i did yesterday and all worked fine, I am just posting this so if any other user has a similar problem this might help....

For the backup files on a Windows PC.. does anyone know the default folder/directory and file name and file extension? Where does the TM Companion app place its files so I can view the actual directory from Windows?

AFAIK, you create your own location and then point TMC to it. There's no automatic backup to the PC anyway so you'll have to do that yourself. With TMC open, the left shows the mixer files on the DM and the right shows whatever you want it to show, since it can navigate through the PC. I believe TMC remembers the last used location..

So there is a TMC manual and easy to find on the net. Found out that the file name ends in .tpi

So Yes, TMC app can point to wherever, but if you've been storing DM backups through the TMC app, like me, they should be all in one place. But, for some reason they were lost on my system some where. Look for .tpi files and they can be located and moved to the right spots so TMC can work with them.

Yes, .tpi is the file extension. Sorry, I missed that part of your question.

Look for .tpi files and they can be located and moved to the right spots so TMC can work with them.
I don't quite get what you mean here. TMC can only send mixer setting (.tpi) files to and from the DM when the user tells it to do so. How do you mean 'TMC can work with them'?

New threads

Members online