TM D8000 - "The Main CPU Cannot Be Started.." MIDI dump?

Hi, I have a Tascam TM D8000. It's over and I have the battery changed. When I turn the table and connect to the PC I set the table not connected. At first it appeared an error that read: "the main cpu can not started". I no longer appears, the screen is empty and I can not configure.
I downloaded the software that are here. I have not the technical manual. The cable I have to Pc table is correct. I'm a little lost. Can you tell me what steps should I follow? Thank you very much.

Try all the steps in this thread to check the firmware version. If the main CPU's flash chips are corrupt, you'll need to purchase a new set from TASCAM Parts ($50 + shipping).

Service manual is here:
https://dev.tascam-parc.com/parc_beta/
username : sx1 password taki3usU

Bottom of the page.

Thank you very much for everything ;) ;) . Where I can buy the chip in order to change them?

I followed all the steps you said and still not working. Try cleaning the SDRAM and does not work, leaving the rec20 down on.
Pulse down shift / mtr send / rec 19 and the display shows diagnostic mode, but does not show the menu to configure the communications test and choose the port that I connect the cable.
Sometimes when I turn it on I get the error 00x00000000x00.
Where I can buy a memoir eeprom to the soundboard?

A greeting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,
Does anyone has the TMD8000 reference manual?

Thanks,

please i need help with my tascam tm d-8000

PDFs of the reference manual and service manual are on my early access page

https://dev.tascam-parc.com/parc_beta/

username/password are listed in the DM-3200 threads.

To all TM-D8000 owners, Please don't use the MIDI files to do an update. It's unlikely that a mixer needs them, and the probability of bricking the mixer is very high. Do the battery change and SRAM clear etc, but don't try to update.

RedBus.

I had the famous message, and like thousands of users I made the MIDI file dump after changing the battery and it works now. No other possibility I think. Any question, this is my email : [edited] (the one I used on this website I don't use it much those days...)

I would like to thank you guys Angelesbeban and REDBUS.
The procedure was the right and my console lights like a Chrismas tree again.
I used Free Cubase Elements 30 days evaluation, import midi file, midi out from the midi interface, 30 bpm, and it works.
What a pleasure, i jumped up on the ceiling......
Thank you ....
This thread in the Tascam Forums save my music life and my pocket.... :)
Who needs better mixer for a home studio than a TM D8000.
Simply the Best.. TASCAM.

Hola hablo español,hice la actualziacion con cubase 5 con cargue main, tal como dicen aqui en el foro, pero ahora mi mexclador Tascam Tm-D8000 me sale error, fatal error
136-000000BF-00 ya hice las combinaciones de teclas shit+20+ed y prower on pero nada siqgue saliendome el mismo mensaje, nota: no he cambiado la pila solo hice la actualizacion. ayuda pliz acabo de comprar esta mesa de mezclas.

ayudaaaaaaaa helpppppp

Fatal error 136-000000BF pliz que debo hacer?
RedBus.[/QUOTE]

que hago

me salem estos mensajes debo cambiar la bateria

Attachments

• 20150530_210655.jpg
    20150530_210655.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20150530_210655.jpg
    20150530_210655.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20150530_223945.jpg
    20150530_223945.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20150530_224005.jpg
    20150530_224005.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Jazzero , don't panic and don't write so many messages its like SPAM :)
Please use english because the translation its not always accurate :)
I think that your problems are related to the fact that you tried to update firmware without have the same EEPROMS on the mixer. I'm 99,99 % sure.
In diagnostic mode you get actually the value of the volts from the battery.

Check the version of the EEPROMS inside your mixer.Its the same as those from the forum ?
You need to have the same version in YOUR EEPROM INSIDE the mixer.
The procedure from the french guy was absolute correct but YOU MUST have the same verson on the EEPROM.

Can you confirm which version do you have inside the EEPROMS ?
Good Luck, Do you have the service manual ? If you read the thread, redbus has a link with it. (thank you redbus)

Hola no puedo entrar al modo de diagnostico y de que manera compruebo la version de la EEPROM? podrian indicarme como hacerlo, gracias por responderme.

Where are you live? in Spain ? Latin America ? Mexico ?
Do you have experience from service and electronics ?

Everything inside its very FRAGILE.
Be careful :)
To open the console look at the service manual the description, be extremelly carefull with the cables, the ribbon cables in the analog session 1-8.

If the firmware that seats in the chips (EPROM) its different than this in the forum then you have to order EEPPROMS from Tascam.

The Cubase prosedure does'nt work always 100% as redbus said to, there is problems sometimes.

In my case i've got many errors because the ribbon cable in the analog session was completely damaged: when i was trying to fix the sliders from the group section and you know what, i fixed again with the help of a knife and one loop.

I spent almost 3 weeks to fix this mixer, if you wait a little bit i will post some pics with what i have done.

Very special cable, impossible to find new anymore, tascam doesn't sale anymore.:(

In the USA the EEPROMS its cheaper than in Europe, i don't know why but its like this.

Last edited:
Gracias, soy de peru, voy a cambiar tambien la pila hice el procedimiento de redbus con el cubase y cargue el midi, todo paso ok pero al reiniciar me sigue dando error,talvez es porque no he cambiado la battery aun.

Wait a minute, first you have to see if the battery is OK.
You can see this in Diagnostic mode, you can see how many volts has the battery, you don't have to open the console.
Tell me can you go inside the diagnostic mode ?
If you don't have access to this then open the console and use multimeter to check the battery.
-
A normal OK battery should have 2,8-3 Volts (its a 3 volts).

Attachments

• IMG_2149.JPG
    IMG_2149.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 35
Quiero dar gracias a todos, con su ayuda logre hacer funcionar la tascam, solo cambie la battery y luego cargue el midi main con cubase he hice todos los pasos descritos en este foro y ahora soy muy feliz con mi renovada tascam gracias nuevamente.

My TASCAM 8000 on few hours to use , Star and shutdown Many times . Could be a power unit fail? O power suply break? Or temperature protección from the AC converter? Can you help me?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.