Us 2x2 not working after update

Discussion in 'USB PC Audio Interfaces and Control Surfaces' started by Ion Militaru Ionut, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Ion Militaru Ionut

Ion Militaru Ionut New Member

Gear:
    Tascam US-2x2
    Hello guys,

My us 2x2 is not working anymore after update on Windows 10.
    Did you experience something like this? Did you change any settings?

Thanks.
  2. -mjk-

-mjk- Moderator Staff Member

Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
    Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
    When that happens, most people do a rollback and verify that to be the cause.
  3. Ion Militaru Ionut

Gear:
    Tascam US-2x2
    Hello,

I tried and installed the previous driver and it still does not work. I do not know what the problem is.
  4. BBhouse

BBhouse New Member

i had the same problem and now i have solved it on os win7.
    Update the USB drivers of your computer, i have solved it and now i use the latest drivers very well. My US-4x4 is connected to the USB3 port and i have updated with the ASMedia drivers. Importantly, do a clean installation of the latest Tascam drivers by uninstalling the old ones first ... good luck
  5. Ion Militaru Ionut

Gear:
    Tascam US-2x2
    Hello,

Thanks for your reply. It seems i had a problem with the USB Port. I changed the port and after it worked but...

Then i got into another problem. After a few minutes the signal lights above the instruments in port would light on and a hissing, crackling sound would appear all of a sudden.

I rolled back the driver, now using 2.14 and everything seems to be bine.

I just don't get it anymore.
  6. BBhouse

BBhouse New Member

My experience once installing drivers that create problems, going back to previous versions does not solve it. Do as I said, installing a USB driver update of your PC and installing the latest Tascam drivers could solve. You have no idea how many problems I have had for months ... audio skipping, setting panel that does not work, high latencies, very high CPU use, only for installing the latest driver and then returning to 2.13. 2.14 was not for me. If you can't find the update of your USB controller on your PC, you can try to uninstall and reinstall it ... you could create a windows restore point before testing