US600 and Windows 10

ry1633

Gear owned
TASCAM US2X2
I have a Tascam US600 interface that for at least 5-6 years. I am running it now on my new laptop under Windows 10 and am starting to have some driver issues with it. Although, in theory, it should work with Windows 10 also. I am using the latest V1.03rc1 drivers and looks fine under Device Manager but sometimes when I boot up my computer Windows won’t find it or will give me a driver error.

A problem that I have a lot with it under Windows 10 is that it looks find under Device Manager, but the Control Panel doesn’t list it as a Sound device at all, so I can’t actually use it. See screenshot of Device Manager and Control Panel side-by-side.

Is my US600 going bad? Or is this a Windows or driver issue?

Attachments

• Tascam_US600_Windows_10_.png
    Tascam_US600_Windows_10_.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 5
Maybe you can install the driver under Windows 7 or even XP compatibility. It sometimes helps with older hardware under Windows 10.

I just tried to install the most recent drivers for the US600 under Windows 7 compatibility mode. Rebooted and didn't work. Interface is listed as ok and enabled in Device Manager, but not present at all in Sound/Control Panel.

I also tried changing the Power Management settings in Windows 10 on the USB Root Hub. I also tried plugging in the US600 to both the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on my laptop, and neither has resolved the problem.

Oddly enough I've found out that the oldest drivers for the US600 are the most stable for me.; the version 1.00. The other ones, the v1.02 and the v1.03rc1 drivers are the ones causing me the most problems. I downgraded to the v1.00 drivers and they are working much better so far. Weird.

hi, i'm sorry to be replying to this so many years later. i wanted to ask whether you still use the US-600 and if so if it still works well or if you've had any more issues. i have an opportunity to buy one used at a cheap price and i'd like to know if it's a good option. thank you very much in advance

New threads

Members online

No members online now.