Using the FW-1884 in Windows 8

Something I noticed that was kind of odd. I had a program called DAK WAV & MP3 Editor. I used to have that program on an old Vista machine. I uninstalled it from that old Vista laptop (which I turned into a Linux machine) and installed it into my W8.1 desktop that is connected to my FW-1884. My FW-1884 did NOT like this program. I would have to boot up 3 or 4 times before my PC recognized my FW-1884. I found this out because I did a System Restore and the only program not installed after the restore was DAK WAV & MP3 Editor! Once removed, I would boot my PC and then my FW-1884 and everything worked great! Just for giggles, I reinstalled DAK, again, my PC did not want to play nice with my FW-1884. So moral of the story is: Remove programs you don't absolutely need, they maybe causing problems you don't want! BTW, I downloaded Audacity, so no need anymore for the DAK program. It's funny, I was insistent on using that program because I "paid" for it. It caused me so much grief.

Hey guys try this. It worked for me in windows 8.1 right click on the install icon (not sure that this matters but I brought it out on the desktop first)
then after the right click choose properties then compatibility mode,,,choose run in compatibility mode for windows 7 and walla. give it a try and let me know how you make out. I recently upgraded to a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and I'm loving it so far. very clean pre's I am using the FW as a contol surface only and contemplating going to a large touch screen. Anyone have anything to share on that subject? God be with us all!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.