Windows 10 Tascam 24 no output

blahblab

Gear owned
tascam model 24
Windows 10 pro ver 1809 64 bit.
Tascam 24 with uptodate firware 1.41 0079. Direct USB to Tascam 24 from PC.
Model Mixer 1.10 0014

Hi folks, so just trying to get audio (from say a game or youtube) out through the tascam and into my speakers or headphones. First off if i route the usb digital data through an old Akai interface, route the audio from that into the tascam on say channels 3 and 4, then all is fine.

But if i select the Tascam 24 as output i get nothing or a highly crackled version of whatever is playing on Windows for a few seconds then Model 24 hangs.. I tried usb not through a hub, through a hub, brand new cable, old cable.

The tascam Model Mixer reports "device not connected" until i connect the USB then it shows the normal info with correct firware and device identified as Model 24 48kHz 256 samples.

On Mac with all the same setup it works totally fine everytime.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: Brute Coan
I fixed this today. This may help someone else.
So update to Windows 10 Nov 2019
Remove Tascam Mixer Control
Reboot
Turn on Tascam 24, Microsft self install it's own driver. Crackling on sound.
Turn off Tascam 24
Reinstall Tascam Mixer Control
Reboot
Open Tascam mixer controller
Turn on Tascam 24
Select Tascam 24 as windows out put. Driver should be Teac Corporation (not Microsoft)
Then it worked with no crackles.

Thank you very much for posting the follow-up solution. This is very important for the knowledge base.

ok, so after a week or so everything is working but i can still here the odd crackle, maybe once every 20 minutes but not consistently (so not like the refrigerator clicking on and off). It's only when playing sound from the PC and only effects the PC audio channel. I've never heard this through my other Audio Interface

New threads

Members online

No members online now.