DM 3200/4800 - Windows 10 Compatibility - My Final Results

@samsamo For what it's worth. In my case, I will power up / log into my Mac Book Pro. Power up my DM-4800 and then I start up Logic Pro X. Your setup may be different. But, this has always worked for me. Best of luck!

I would the Dm3200 turn on AFTER the computer - in fact, not before the desktop appears. I had troubles with the other way round, so I'd suggest:
1. switch on PC, wait until you see the desktop - see if that changes anything
2. check your firewire cable
3. if you have a dedicated firewire card - can you find out what chipset it uses?
4. definitively give software version 176851 a try
5. Just to take your chances: set up a new project with the Dm where everything is in default

A general advice: in theory you can get rid of bad drivers by just uninstalling. If you know how to check your system properly and remove ghost files, give it a try, but only, if installing a complete new driver leads to the same behaviour!

As a matter of fact, I use the same sequence when using my Windows PC running Cubase.

Reactions: snafu
Hello so the fire wire for the dm 3200 is 1.10 the driver for the for iffw is the one that you suggest 176851 the chipset for the fire wire card in my computer is Texas instrument TSB43AB23
Thank.you guys for trying to help me o really really appreciate

i took some pictures

Attachments

• thumbnail_20191024_170538.jpg
    thumbnail_20191024_170538.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 19
  • thumbnail_20191024_170621.jpg
    thumbnail_20191024_170621.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 21
  • thumbnail_20191024_170556.jpg
    thumbnail_20191024_170556.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 19
@samsamo Is your FW card built omto your motherboard? If so, I might look for possible IRQ conflicts for example. In fact, I would disable it altogether and try installing a standalone FW version. Make sure the FW cable is a reasonable length as well.

@samsamo:
Did troubles begin before or after installing version 176851?
You wrote "firewire card", but from the images I see you refer to the IF-FW-card? What's on the PC-side?

So, just to recapitulate: there was no Windows Update, no change of settings, and no driver update on the Dm whatsoever?

Did you try to do a complete reset of your DM? Firmware and Build are absolutely fine.

Oh, did you change any settings under "Digital" or something like bitrate, wordlength or outputs TDIF/SPDIF/AES-EBU or something like that recently?

thank you for the answer I will check tonight and get back with updates !!!!!

Turn the DM first.

last update !!!!
I tried everything , change the pc firewire card , have a new fire wire cable , I even restore my pc but still not working
The weird thing is that with one pc card I had " no cable " message on my if-fw-dm mk II , and when I connect it to my other pc fire wire card I have "driver offline" message .

I forgot I find a if-fw/ mk II CARD ON REVERB.COM AND BOUGHT FOR A GOOD PRICE AN I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WITH IT !!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ??
IS THERE WAY TO CHECK THAT MY IF-FW DM MKII CARD ARE WORKING , THE CARD STATUS ON THE DM 3200 IS OK

THANKS !!!!!

@samsamo Don't you have access to another PC or even an older laptop that has an integrated Fire Wire port. Try completely removing your PC from the equation.

The weird thing is that with one pc card I had " no cable " message on my if-fw-dm mk II , and when I connect it to my other pc fire wire card I have "driver offline" message .

That's the one part, irritating me the most, samssamo! Well, for the benefit of the doubt for the IF-FW-DM-card, I think strange things go on with your PC. Although your IF-FW might be broken, I honestly think it's rather unlikely, because the "no cable" message appears also on my board, so this seems to be rather legit.

And since you have a second card now (!) that also isn't working, I'd bet my money on the PC. It would be easiest to check with another PC or laptop.

As I mentioned earlier, with recent updates Windows got rid of some legacy drivers. This also includes mainboards, graphics, and other hardware as well. So, by any chance, is your mainboard +6 years old? Regarding the PC there are tons of possible issues that might be the single source or part of the problem; all in all, as far as I see you did nothing wrong. But the only link in your chain of possible issues that has not been excluded yet, is your PC. Really give this a try.

Did you consider contacting the official support? They should at least be able to tell you to what this error message specifically points to.

Good luck.

Addendum:
- did you try to clear the registry with a specificially tool?
- it's still not clear to me: do you run two firewire-cards at the same time (don't do that!)? Take the one that says "no cable", and turn the other one down. Also, don't rely on onboard firewire connections.

@samsamo As @snafu says: The chances that two IF cards are defective would be like being struck by lightning twice. Not that it helps you in any way but, I have tested / used my IF cards with several machines. In one particular case I can connect to my DM via Fire Wire / IF using an old HP laptop nx9420 that is still running Windows XP. I have yet, nor so I have immediate plans to run Windows 10. In fact, every machine I have used to connect to my DM all have onboard / integrated FW interfaces.

Reactions: snafu
In fact, every machine I have used to connect to my DM all have onboard / integrated FW interfaces.
Of course, what works best for you, is what you should chose. But let me bring up some points why this might not be the best of ideas:

1) Not all mainboard manufacturers chose the best of chipsets for their firewire sets. And even if so, I've seen some pretty clunky stuff out there across all brands (ASUS, Gigabyte, Fujitsu, MSI - you name it). That doesn't mean all of them are bad, but chances are you have a chipset that isn't working properly or the overall embedding is quiet unfortunate.

2) Mainboards with onboard firewire, seem to be about to fold. There are still some out there, but I am not sure if they are on boards that support the latest iteration of CPUs (like i8, i9). I highly doubt it, but to be honest, I didn't check this.

3) A PCIe or PCI card has the big advantage of being replaceable. The drivers are specifically for your card, and should your card be no longer supported or even break, you can get a new one quiet easyly. If your mainboard breaks, is no longer supported or your onboard firewire interface doesn't do it's job properly, you're basically lost.

As I said before: there is nothing wrong with going "onboard", as long as it works for you - but IMHO there are some good reasons why you would maybe chose otherwise.

@snafu I agree with absolutely everything that you said. If one happens to have a MOBO and/or a laptop with an integrated FW interface and it just so happens to be compatible with the IF-FW-DM-expansion card then I suppose that you've hit the jackpot. Furthermore, if and when that integrated solution no longer fits the bill then you can simply disable the onboard and put in a PCIe or PCI as you stated. I just so happen to have the best of both. I must say that my older HP laptop with the onboard FW option served me very well when it came time to test the two used DM units that I purchased. All I needed was a functional FW cable and DAW software. It just so happened that both the DM's that I picked up were located hundred of kilometres from where I am located.

hello , I just want first to thank you all for your help .
Let me give you some updates .
After trying everything even bought a new computer nothing works
I returned the computer and put the Dm and my old computer away .
2 weeks ago I said to myself let's have one more try , I turned on my dm and my computer and everything works perfectly since , I don't know what happened and what was the issue but I'm happy , and again thank you All of you !!
One question , what is the best iffw- dm mkII firewire driver for w10 ?
THANKS

Question,
At the moment, I am using 2 external interfaces-Motu 828MKii and Digidesign 003 which are both Firewire. I do not have a firewire card for the DM3200 yet. Changing from a Mac to a PC, what would I need to continue using the firewire interfacesonce I get the PC? I'm tempted to go PC but can't afford the changing of all my interfaces to USB. Any input would be greatly appreciated...blessings!

My brother from another mother! I too was using a DPS16 and 24 before moving to the DM3200. I'm not bailing on the DM3200 but after my win10 experience, it feels like for the first time that there's an expiration date on my current setup. If it wasn't for the fact that the DM3200 is EOL, I wouldn't be so pessimistic.
Other than the inability to map the remote layer across 2 DM3200's/DM4800's (which I realize is a small minority of us), it looks like the DM Series has survived the Windows 10 release. Windows 10 seems more stable and my same hardware is performing better. I'm hoping someone at Tascam has the time to resolve the Remote Layer issue.

I can also confirm that the Frontier Tranzport still works in Windows 10. I'm mentioning it in this forum only because I know a lot of you use and depend upon it. The trick to get the Tranzport drivers to install is you must install it using Windows 7 compatibility mode. If you don't it will install halfway with a pop-up a message saying it can't be installed on this version of Windows.

Hi! I just bought a DM4800 and I would need the 1.72b3 firmware update files but the FTP site seems closed. Where I can find those files ? Thanks :)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.