Marhof45

From
The Netherlands
Website
www.ljbluesband.com
Gear owned
DM-4800
Hi all,

I'm using my DM-4800 for many, many years, with Cubase. BTW started with Steinberg Pro 24 on Atari 520 St. But I'm running an Asus main board with 12 Gb mem, should be 16 but it's not the memory but something on my mainboard, old mainboard, so I want to upgrade. New board, new processor, new memory, ssd, new video card, just one big screen instead of two 24 inch etc. But.... the most important thing, fully compatible with the DM-4800. So is there anybody who has a recently Intel main board with a Fire wire interface (400) (on board, or card) and a DM-4800 with Cubase or other Software with no problems? I want to upgrade but I need to know or there is any interface, or mainboard, for sure, who's capable for a flawlessly connetion to the DM-4800.

Regards,

Mark Hofland

@Marhof45 Obviously you haven't performed a search. Otherwise, you would have stumbled upon my recent (albeit lengthy) post on my new PC Build. I too have been out of the Cubase loop for what seems like an eternity. Let me know if you have any specific question related to the parts / hardware that I chose. Let me get you that forum link that I'm referring to.

Reactions: -mjk-
Regarding "a flawless connection to the DM-4800", I don't think such a thing exists - there are too many variables. Intel alone has many different processors and many different chip sets to use with any one processor. And who knows what disk drive or SSD , which RAM, which BIOS, etc., that a manufacturer (e.g. Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc., etc.) has selected or a motherboard manufacturer has used. All of these pieces are built to standards and we users hope that any hardware and software selected for each of these parts works together - therefore, there's no way to identify "a flawless system". Even if you and I bought the same computer on the same day, there's no telling if one of our motherboards is a later or earlier version and has the same chipset, BIOS, etc.

So, what can you do? The best bet is to read how others have solved a problem. In general, most of the available hardware and software is quite good and the problems we experience when setting up a new system has much to do with making the right settings. The big question is, which setting(s) and to what.

One thread worth reading was authored by a previous moderator who was one of the first to move to Windows 10. He did have problems and competently worked through them, but it was somewhat involved. Here's a link to that thread:

https://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dm-3200-4800-windows-10-compatibility-my-final-results.3811/

@Peter Batah who responded to your post above recently underwent the task of building a new computer, he is using Cubase, and he has supplied a link to his thread and offered to help by telling you what parts he used that has resulted in a successful build. However, based on my experience, he'll be most helpful now if you decide to do an identical or similar build. But as the months go by, hardware and software will be revised and replaced and Peter's experience will not be as valuable because of those differences. If you decide to wait, then you may want to ask again who has performed a recent similar build.

Last edited:
I’ve been out of the loop here for years but I’m back. I’ll need a plan B myself for a new PC in case crap hits the fan with my current computer.

@cmaffia I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have re: my recent build. I am very happy with it's performance to date.

Reactions: -mjk- and skier
@Marhof45 Obviously you haven't performed a search. Otherwise, you would have stumbled upon my recent (albeit lengthy) post on my new PC Build. I too have been out of the Cubase loop for what seems like an eternity. Let me know if you have any specific question related to the parts / hardware that I chose. Let me get you that forum link that I'm referring to.

Hi Peter,

You are right. It's a while ago I searched for articles about motherboards etc in combination with Cubase 10. And it's I while ago , I logged in to the Tascam Forums. I asked the same question in a Facebook group, and someone said to me: you better go to the Tascam Forums, and I never thought about that. So I logged in and asked the question without searching first. And I'm very happy you send me the link! I'll dive into it! Thanks!

Regards,

Mark Hofland

Reactions: Peter Batah
@Marhof45 Hello Mark. Glad to be of assistance. If you have any questions in regards to my PC build fire away. Best of luck!

How do I route when tracking vocal with Tascam dm4800, record the the efx signal dry to my DAW and have it wet in the headphone, can someone help me please walk me through the process?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.