IF-FW/DMMKII beta drivers for DM3200/DM4800

Hi Everyone, I just thoughtI would update you. So i am still trying to run my macbook pro high sierra 10.13.6 with my Dm3200, having problems with the firewire drivers on my computer communicating with the DM. I have the latest drivers, and just recently bought a docking station in the hopes that would help.... Unfortunately it did not help. although it does recognise the docking station (see image attached) the DM itself still says the drivers are offline. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• TascamScreenshot.png
    TascamScreenshot.png
    320.3 KB · Views: 20
I think you could still try to hookup a docking station as this guy mentioned. This would put some intelligence in some of the conversions.
Hi Everyone, I just thoughtI would update you. So i am still trying to run my macbook pro high sierra 10.13.6 with my Dm3200, having problems with the firewire drivers on my computer communicating with the DM. I have the latest drivers, and just recently bought a docking station in the hopes that would help.... Unfortunately it did not help. although it does recognise the docking station (see image attached) the DM itself still says the drivers are offline. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• TascamScreenshot.png
    TascamScreenshot.png
    320.3 KB · Views: 17
here are some more info

Attachments

• thunderboltdock.png
    thunderboltdock.png
    179.8 KB · Views: 29
  • thunderbolt2.png
    thunderbolt2.png
    308.1 KB · Views: 24
  • firewire.png
    firewire.png
    273.4 KB · Views: 26
My guess is that there is nothing wrong with your mac or your setup but that the iffwdm card is simply broken. I’m still running the same setup, now on macos mojave and it is still working fine.

Reactions: Darryn
@Fiber this simply cannot be the case, since the DM works on my other (older) mac, which went directly in via firewire. I'm fully updated with drivers, firmare ect... and the compuer know recognises my docking station. The DM though it not recognising the docking station or the firewire driver.

That is super weird. Ive been using the tb3->tb2->fw combo for almost 2 years now. Although I did disable gatekeeper and kext signing on my mac, but I dont think that is the issue?

Reactions: Darryn
Hmmm, is it the same operating system and model as this?

Attachments

• Macbookpro.png
    Macbookpro.png
    317.4 KB · Views: 14
Almost the same model, mine is a late 2016 but thats practically the same machine. They didnt change much.

Last edited:
Ok, this is very confusing. I'll detail my entire setup and see if we cannot find a discrepancy somewhere. DM 3200: Frimware ver 1.10 and Version IFDW is 1.30f10 (latest) Version is 1.72b4 Updater is Bl1. Computer: You have already seen my computer specs so i will not mention that. Connectors: Firewire 400 to 800, into thunderbolt 2, then thunderbolt 3. Inside the DM's 'slot' menu the driver states 'driver offline.' and if i unplug the connection will change to 'no cable'. I also bought a DOck station, where i can plug the firewire cable into the diocking station, and then connect my macbook pro into the docking station. The computer does indeed recognise the docking station, but still no communication with the DM. I think i have covered everything. So its a mystery why it is not working. I have restarted everything before, and will try yet again. But failing that i think i have tried literally everything, unless you can think of something otherwise.

Maybe you need to disable SIP, it could be that MacOS doesnt want to load the kext (driver) needed for the mixer. I always disable SIP because I have more devices with driver signing issues. You can always enable it afterwards if this does not work: https://www.imore.com/how-turn-system-integrity-protection-macos

Otherwise your setup is identical to mine (except you're using the dock now). Could also be a firewire cable issue but then I don't think it would recognize it in system information.

Reinstall the driver after disabling sip by the way.

Last edited:
Congratulations! :D This problem will be more common with older devices because older devices dont use signed drivers and macos demands those nowadays. But I’m glad you got it working!

Reactions: litL1 and Darryn
I have been trying to solve this problem for ages, so thank you!!! I cannot believe it was so simple in the end. I bought that dock station for no reason :/ O well. happy nonetheless. :) Maybe useful for others also. Great stuff!

Reactions: Peter Batah
I almost feel guilty for not thinking of this solution! We've been discussing this problem for ages. :)
But I'm glad it works now.

@Marvel You are too kind! Thanks for all the help, you certainly thought of a lot of other things first, which helped narrow it down heaps! I think we can all learn an important lesson though. Any old equipment running on new operating systems often need to have certain automatic security functions disabled.

My remote feature is acting up if I move the faders in PT-10 will move the faders on my DM3200 but if I was to move the faders in the DM3200 the faders won’t move in PT10. I will have to reload my drivers and I was wondering which beta drivers to use. I’m using Win10

@blue box That link has been invalid for quite a while. What exactly are you looking for? Best to narrow it down so that others may better assist you.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.